As of right now, modifying a Mesh's vertices with the new additionalVertexStreams is kind of useless for large deformations, because new renderer bounds can not be set. For example, a squishing or bouncing animation that is partially outside the original Bounds will be culled too soon when panning the camera. This can be resolved by allowing additionalVertexStreams to provide a replacement Bounds.
Use the Bounds box provided by MeshRenderer.additionalVertexStreams for culling
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Unity Editor has stopped working.
- Seperate section in Asset Store for HDRP and LRP assets
- Allow collab data to be deleted through the Developer Dashboard.
- Allow setting AndroidManifest.xml path via player settings
- Add a spriteText to the unity2D