As of right now, modifying a Mesh's vertices with the new additionalVertexStreams is kind of useless for large deformations, because new renderer bounds can not be set. For example, a squishing or bouncing animation that is partially outside the original Bounds will be culled too soon when panning the camera. This can be resolved by allowing additionalVertexStreams to provide a replacement Bounds.
Use the Bounds box provided by MeshRenderer.additionalVertexStreams for culling
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Particle Playback in 2017.2b11
- Better raw data access methods for all texture classes.
- Ability to assign rigidbody to joint
- Animation position in seconds.
- Add ParticleSystem.IsAutomaticCullingEnabled property