I feel that UNET is really missing password support. The ability to set a password before starting a server was extremely helpful for securing your server. Yes, I know that there are custom methods to doing this, but all of these involve writing custom code - my game has to load a level (which takes half a minute on an SSD) which would irritate users if they are kicked after waiting to load a level because of missing out one letter. Something such as NetworkServer.password would really help. This feature, and Network.time are the two things that are really missing from the legacy networking system and potentially stopping a few people upgrading.
Password protection support for UNET
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Unity Editor has stopped working.
- Seperate section in Asset Store for HDRP and LRP assets
- Allow collab data to be deleted through the Developer Dashboard.
- Allow setting AndroidManifest.xml path via player settings
- Add a spriteText to the unity2D