In many cases, mipmap textures that are automatically generated are much lower in quality then they could be, even for their resolution. Allowing for custom mipmap textures would greatly improve rendering quality of textures without any increase in performance cost. Custom mipmaps are especially useful for texture atlases, where downsampling leads to blurry, low quality textures.
Custom Mipmap Textures
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Some sort of CRM service for Publishers to provide on-going value.
- Change name of one class in the hole project when you rename it
- Show prominent visual feedback after script was compiled
- Asset Store should force model publishers to state details
- Use GPU Instancing to draw point lights