Adding a way to dispatch a compute shader from inside a command buffer would greatly increase the flexibility of compute shaders. This should be coupled with the ability to bind compute shader textures to any of the BuiltinRenderTextureTypes. Going forward with DX12/Vulkan etc this could eventually be expanded to make use of asynchronous shading.
Add Compute Shader Dispatch Functionality to Command Buffers
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Some sort of CRM service for Publishers to provide on-going value.
- Change name of one class in the hole project when you rename it
- Show prominent visual feedback after script was compiled
- Asset Store should force model publishers to state details
- Use GPU Instancing to draw point lights