GetNativeVertexBufferPtr() and GetNativeIndexBufferPtr() methods are nice for optimization when we want to operate mesh dynamicly, but they are useless if we want to resize vertices or triangles array. Ability to create buffers with given length and apply them to mesh would be great performance boost, since for large meshes (let's say >100000 verts) cost of setting mesh.vertices, nomals etc. is too big (setting all of channels takes ~15ms).
Ability to set pointers to mesh buffers.
Your opinion counts
Help us make things better. Share your great idea for improving Unity or vote for other people’s.Log in to post a new idea
- Trigger cloud build when new version of Unity is available
- Windows Store target for Unity Cloud Build
- Unity Asset Store - hidden filter bar
- Some sort of CRM service for Publishers to provide on-going value.
- Change name of one class in the hole project when you rename it